Old Telegraph Station, Alice Springs

 

Panorama of the historic Telegraph Station in Alice Springs.

The Telegraph Station was built in the 1870s near a water hole on the Overland Telegraph Line to relay messages between Adelaide in the south and Darwin in the north of Australia. The Telegraph Station was the first building of the town Stuart which was renamed to Alice Springs in 1933. The historic building houses now a museum covering the history of European settlement in the Red Centre of Australia.

This content requires HTML5/CSS3, WebGL, or Adobe Flash Player Version 9 or higher.